Oops! It appears you're not logged in. Click "Log In" to begin.

Don't have an account? Most of our content requires a roistered account, click "Register" to get started!
Oops! It appears you're not logged in. Click "Log In" to begin.

Don't have an account? Most of our content requires a roistered account, click "Register" to get started!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Guide to Becoming a Mod

Go down 
+12
Private
Petey K
Beagle79
herseyroxmypapercut
Vandalmik
DavidDuong
Sprtygrlbabs
Lux1200
Webz
thecoolstarr
Hero Ds
Tgpcds
16 posters
AuthorMessage
Tgpcds
Former Staff
Former Staff
Tgpcds

eCoins: eCoins: : 28963

The Guide to Becoming a Mod Empty
PostSubject: The Guide to Becoming a Mod   The Guide to Becoming a Mod I_icon_minitime16/06/09, 12:34 am

The Penguin Island Guide to Becoming a Mod
** This guide is very helpful if you are very confident of being a mod in the future, or knowing how to become one in the future if we succeed 1,000+ registered users **

Activeness

It's VERY required to be active, this can dictate your progress in the future. If you are NOT going to be active, it is MORE recommended that you notify us about why you won't be active in the Hellos/Goodbye's forum instead of just being inactive and not posting for a couple of days.

Follow the Rules

This isn't that tough to do, it's just like school, but not exactly a school, but we just enforce rules for you to follow, if we don't have rules, this place would be chaos! This is tough for some users, but soon in the future, they can learn from their mistakes and learn their lesson, just like what Jesse did after his ban.

Posting

It could be very much appreciated if you post at least once a day or log-in once a day. That'll distinguish your activeness, you don't have to post everywhere! It's just your option, you can choose to post everywhere, or just post once and then sign off for the day.

As trainee...

You need to have at least 4-5 mod actions, which are Locking Topics, Moving Topics to the right Sections, Deleting Pointless topics, Archiving Topics, or Merging Topics. If you qualify, and you do more than 4-5 actions in less than a day, you would be MORE likely accepted and promoted! If you were a mod from the previous Minybuddie and Dq's The Penguin Forums, you will be made a Super Moderator.

Abuse

Just because you're a trainee doesn't mean you own everyone, you are only a trainee just to make the forum safe, abusing powers can easily get you demoted and get your privilege of becoming one in the future taken away.

The Basic Mod Tools

Delete- If a topic is pointless, you may use this tool, or you can archive it/or basket it.
Send to Basket-If a certain topic is pretty old, probably.. 3 months old or more, you can basket a topic, you can also basket/archive pointless, or un-needed topics in there as well.
Move- You can use this tool to move topics to the right sections if they are not in the right ones.
Lock- You can lock topics if it is pointless, or if the question is answered, you are permitted to archive the locked topic if you wish.
Split- This tool isn't that much used, you can split a post that was posted in the topic, and move it to another existing topic.
Merge- This tool is VERY handy, you can merge topics that are the same into one whole topic, so it won't be a confusion.

And those are the basic steps of becoming a Trainee, and following the basics when being a trainee, if you have any questions, or any comments, you may reply to this topic/thread, or you can PM me.
Back to top Go down
Hero Ds
Moderator In Training
Moderator In Training
Hero Ds

eCoins: eCoins: : 29609

PostSubject: Re: The Guide to Becoming a Mod   The Guide to Becoming a Mod I_icon_minitime16/06/09, 12:44 am

Very Good Tg You Hack A Bit Of a Nack For This Topic Making, Good Post I will be sure to start posting guides again asap, i want to get on being promoted and helping the forum more! Very Happy:
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/herodscp
Tgpcds
Former Staff
Former Staff
Tgpcds

PostSubject: Re: The Guide to Becoming a Mod   The Guide to Becoming a Mod I_icon_minitime16/06/09, 12:45 am

I didn't watch all trainee progress, but from now on, as a new update, I'll be providing all the actions that were done starting from Sunday to Saturday every 2 weeks.
Back to top Go down
thecoolstarr
Sensei Ninja
Sensei Ninja
thecoolstarr

eCoins: eCoins: : 28015

PostSubject: Re: The Guide to Becoming a Mod   The Guide to Becoming a Mod I_icon_minitime16/06/09, 04:25 am

very helpful guide. :]

I'll try to be active everyday. =D
Back to top Go down
Tgpcds
Former Staff
Former Staff
Tgpcds

PostSubject: Re: The Guide to Becoming a Mod   The Guide to Becoming a Mod I_icon_minitime16/06/09, 05:39 am

Thank You, I would TOTALLY recommend this topic to people who want to be a future mod, or those who are dying to become one.

Just a side note: We WILL be hiring new staff when we get more and more users.
Back to top Go down
Webz
Newspaper Writer
Newspaper Writer
Webz

eCoins: eCoins: : 22073

PostSubject: Re: The Guide to Becoming a Mod   The Guide to Becoming a Mod I_icon_minitime16/06/09, 03:13 pm

Nice tg Very Happy

I will start posting more and catch up :p
Back to top Go down
Lux1200
Ice Berg Rider
Ice Berg Rider
Lux1200

eCoins: eCoins: : 22866

PostSubject: Re: The Guide to Becoming a Mod   The Guide to Becoming a Mod I_icon_minitime16/06/09, 05:35 pm

Ok i will work on that
Back to top Go down
http://www.tytytyty123.webs.com
Sprtygrlbabs
Sprtygrlbabs

eCoins: eCoins: : 21800

PostSubject: Re: The Guide to Becoming a Mod   The Guide to Becoming a Mod I_icon_minitime16/06/09, 06:36 pm

Tg-Excellent job of laying the rules down. You make this very easy for people to understand. Good job.
Back to top Go down
DavidDuong
Newspaper Writer
Newspaper Writer
DavidDuong

eCoins: eCoins: : 21870

PostSubject: Re: The Guide to Becoming a Mod   The Guide to Becoming a Mod I_icon_minitime17/06/09, 04:36 am

I now realy understand...why i become a mod.
Thank you very much , Tg
Back to top Go down
http://club-penguin.cz
Vandalmik
Vandalmik

eCoins: eCoins: : 23505

PostSubject: Re: The Guide to Becoming a Mod   The Guide to Becoming a Mod I_icon_minitime17/06/09, 04:52 am

Well thats how I became a mod. I did all of those.
Back to top Go down
herseyroxmypapercut
Newspaper Writer
Newspaper Writer
herseyroxmypapercut

eCoins: eCoins: : 22489

PostSubject: Re: The Guide to Becoming a Mod   The Guide to Becoming a Mod I_icon_minitime17/06/09, 12:07 pm

Thanks alot TG,once the chat got reset and i was not mod it was cuzi was not mod on this now
Back to top Go down
http://fr0st33.wordpress.com/
Beagle79
Pro Sledder
Pro Sledder
Beagle79

eCoins: eCoins: : 23793

PostSubject: Re: The Guide to Becoming a Mod   The Guide to Becoming a Mod I_icon_minitime17/06/09, 02:09 pm

Thanks for the help!
Back to top Go down
Petey K
Newspaper Writer
Newspaper Writer
Petey K

Location : Posting on Penguin Island with my laptop in a piece of pie.
eCoins: eCoins: : 22287

PostSubject: Re: The Guide to Becoming a Mod   The Guide to Becoming a Mod I_icon_minitime01/07/09, 11:11 am

This should be stickied!
Awesome Guide!

Also, in the Merge Mod Tool it is also helpful because when a user double posts you can merge the posts together and yes, give them an infraction.
Back to top Go down
http://smouch.net/lol
Private
Pizza Chef
Pizza Chef
Private

eCoins: eCoins: : 22093

PostSubject: Re: The Guide to Becoming a Mod   The Guide to Becoming a Mod I_icon_minitime03/07/09, 05:06 pm

That will help a lot thanks!
Back to top Go down
MOBcheats
Newspaper Writer
Newspaper Writer
MOBcheats

eCoins: eCoins: : 22001

PostSubject: Re: The Guide to Becoming a Mod   The Guide to Becoming a Mod I_icon_minitime27/07/09, 11:13 pm

I wish was a mod but I'm only one on the chat
Back to top Go down
Jesse11Spykid
Hockey Peng
Hockey Peng
Jesse11Spykid

eCoins: eCoins: : 29776

PostSubject: Re: The Guide to Becoming a Mod   The Guide to Becoming a Mod I_icon_minitime30/08/09, 11:28 pm

Can someone plz Delete this topic and make another Guide?!
Back to top Go down
http://www.clubpenguincheatstv.co.cc
andrew3867
EPF Agent
EPF Agent
andrew3867

eCoins: eCoins: : 30570

PostSubject: Re: The Guide to Becoming a Mod   The Guide to Becoming a Mod I_icon_minitime31/08/09, 01:09 pm

SPAM AHHHHHH

LOCK IT
Back to top Go down
Jasico
Pengistrators
Pengistrators
Jasico

eCoins: eCoins: : 22857

PostSubject: Re: The Guide to Becoming a Mod   The Guide to Becoming a Mod I_icon_minitime31/08/09, 01:23 pm

The disguisting spam is deleted, this topic is too good to be locked so i deleted it to a fresh post.
Back to top Go down
http://www.clubpenguincommand.wordpress.com
andrew3867
EPF Agent
EPF Agent
andrew3867

eCoins: eCoins: : 30570

PostSubject: Re: The Guide to Becoming a Mod   The Guide to Becoming a Mod I_icon_minitime31/08/09, 01:25 pm

yay thats good
Back to top Go down
Jesse11Spykid
Hockey Peng
Hockey Peng
Jesse11Spykid

eCoins: eCoins: : 29776

PostSubject: Re: The Guide to Becoming a Mod   The Guide to Becoming a Mod I_icon_minitime31/08/09, 09:37 pm

Ahhhh, Now that should happen to all Wasteful spamful topics.
Back to top Go down
http://www.clubpenguincheatstv.co.cc
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Guide to Becoming a Mod   The Guide to Becoming a Mod I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Guide to Becoming a Mod
Page 1 of 1