Oops! It appears you're not logged in. Click "Log In" to begin.

Don't have an account? Most of our content requires a roistered account, click "Register" to get started!
Oops! It appears you're not logged in. Click "Log In" to begin.

Don't have an account? Most of our content requires a roistered account, click "Register" to get started!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Quality not Quantity

Go down 
+2
kittirox
John
6 posters
AuthorMessage
John
Pengistrators
Pengistrators
John

eCoins: eCoins: : 49484

Quality not Quantity Empty
PostSubject: Quality not Quantity   Quality not Quantity I_icon_minitime10/04/09, 10:33 pm

Some of the following may offend you in some manner. Please DO NOT be offended. I do not wish for anyone to be upset by anything stated within the next several paragraphs.

Ever since this forum began, much of the activity came from select users who generally "overpost". (Im not going to name people, but I'm sure you know who you are.) We all greatly appreciate your willingness and enthusiasm to help make the forum active, but because of these posting rampages, there's a lot of spam and many users are just plain overlooked.

Posting isn't what forums are about, you have to understand. Forums are for exchanging ideas and social interaction through cyberspace, not for posting until your fingers feel like they're going to fall off. So, I have a few guidelines that are good to follow.

-Let's say that you're posting in the Hello, Im new section. You've already congratulated the current new person, but you come back and congratulate again. That's spam, guys; unless it's an accident, you will get an warning for that from this point on. No more "Congrats again!" stuff, unless you're replying to another post and you feel obligated to say something on-topic.

-Contributing to a topic is important. A contribution can be a question, comment, compliment, etcetera, etcetera. However, if someone asks a question and you just post "I don't know Confused" it's spam. That will, once again, be an infraction.

-Posting games are constantly abused. Users go through and post like machines to raise their post count. They're for fun, and are good in doses, but having the main level of your activity come from posting games is no good. Try to get in some other stuff--you'd be surprised at how much more the forum has to offer.

-You're going to hate this, but I really suggest reading over each post you make before you post it. Add in things, fix up your grammar, and make your post generally more helpful.

-Unless it's a 90-pager, you should try to read through all the posts in a topic, not just read the first one or the last one. That way, if you plan to ask a question, you see if it's already answered, etcetera.

-Don't try to be funny all the time, it's really not necessary, and it can get some people annoyed after awhile. Mix in some serious topics with your funny ones, and keep everyone happy AND down-to-earth.

-Choose your words and smileys wisely; think through what you're saying and if it might be a cause of anger, flaming, spam, and/or sadness. You can't apologize to someone as well over the internet as you can in life, so someone's hurt feelings can be twice as hard to mend. You don't want to be the cause of someone loved by all quitting because you didn't choose your words right, true?

-There's a fine line between helping and backseat moderating. Use the report button and try PMing a user when they break a rule instead of posting it.

-Don't complain about an infraction constantly. If a staff member tells you it's there to stay for the next two weeks, well, it's there to stay for the next two weeks unless another staff member believes the infraction really was unfair.

-Make sure your topic titles aren't super-long and relate well to your subject. Use the colors to snap up attention.

(Witten by Egaro from CPP, Edited slightly by Dq231)
Back to top Go down
http://penguin-island.co.cc
kittirox
Hockey Peng
Hockey Peng
kittirox

eCoins: eCoins: : 31838

PostSubject: Re: Quality not Quantity   Quality not Quantity I_icon_minitime10/04/09, 10:36 pm

ok sorry me and beagle were chatting we trippleposted 10 times
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/allgoes123cp
Beagle79
Pro Sledder
Pro Sledder
Beagle79

eCoins: eCoins: : 23837

PostSubject: Re: Quality not Quantity   Quality not Quantity I_icon_minitime10/04/09, 10:59 pm

I'm sorry, I will use these rules from now on. Yeah, I'm gonna single out me and Kittirocks, I know this was custom-made for us.
Back to top Go down
John
Pengistrators
Pengistrators
John

PostSubject: Re: Quality not Quantity   Quality not Quantity I_icon_minitime10/04/09, 11:00 pm

that still means you can post a lot, but just to post to get your count up.
Back to top Go down
kittirox
Hockey Peng
Hockey Peng
kittirox

PostSubject: Re: Quality not Quantity   Quality not Quantity I_icon_minitime10/04/09, 11:01 pm

yeah i cant believe that we posted about private conversations in the public
Back to top Go down
Beagle79
Pro Sledder
Pro Sledder
Beagle79

PostSubject: Re: Quality not Quantity   Quality not Quantity I_icon_minitime10/04/09, 11:01 pm

Yeah. We're getting into the whole thing again.
Back to top Go down
Beagle79
Pro Sledder
Pro Sledder
Beagle79

PostSubject: Re: Quality not Quantity   Quality not Quantity I_icon_minitime10/04/09, 11:13 pm

DQ,

Do you mean but NOT just to get your post count up?
Back to top Go down
John
Pengistrators
Pengistrators
John

PostSubject: Re: Quality not Quantity   Quality not Quantity I_icon_minitime10/04/09, 11:18 pm

I mean dont try to get it up just because you want a new rank. I hope you know what i mean.
Back to top Go down
John
Pengistrators
Pengistrators
John

PostSubject: Re: Quality not Quantity   Quality not Quantity I_icon_minitime10/04/09, 11:19 pm

and please dont double post like this
Back to top Go down
twee12345
Aqua Grabber Pilot
Aqua Grabber Pilot
twee12345

eCoins: eCoins: : 26808

PostSubject: Re: Quality not Quantity   Quality not Quantity I_icon_minitime10/04/09, 11:21 pm

i know what u mean dq
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/twee12345cp
Beagle79
Pro Sledder
Pro Sledder
Beagle79

PostSubject: Re: Quality not Quantity   Quality not Quantity I_icon_minitime11/04/09, 12:33 am

Yeah. It's just that I was bored on Spring Break. That's no excuse, but...
Back to top Go down
Vandalmik
Vandalmik

eCoins: eCoins: : 23549

PostSubject: Re: Quality not Quantity   Quality not Quantity I_icon_minitime11/05/09, 10:37 pm

This rule should be put to use in every post anyone makes. Except the Chat spam area i guess. I am here to try to enforce this new rule.
Back to top Go down
kittirox
Hockey Peng
Hockey Peng
kittirox

PostSubject: Re: Quality not Quantity   Quality not Quantity I_icon_minitime11/05/09, 11:02 pm

yeah and congradiations on becoming a mod
Back to top Go down
kittirox
Hockey Peng
Hockey Peng
kittirox

PostSubject: Re: Quality not Quantity   Quality not Quantity I_icon_minitime11/05/09, 11:03 pm

yeah and congradiations on becoming a mod
Back to top Go down
andrew3867
EPF Agent
EPF Agent
andrew3867

eCoins: eCoins: : 30614

PostSubject: Re: Quality not Quantity   Quality not Quantity I_icon_minitime11/05/09, 11:46 pm

uhhhhhhhhhh kittirocks25 you repeated what you said and.....

DOUBLE POST!!!!!!!!!! lol
Back to top Go down
kittirox
Hockey Peng
Hockey Peng
kittirox

PostSubject: Re: Quality not Quantity   Quality not Quantity I_icon_minitime12/05/09, 09:55 pm

how did that happen i didnt mean to do that i must of pushed the send button twice please dont ban me
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quality not Quantity   Quality not Quantity I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Quality not Quantity
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Welcome Forums :: Club Penguin Exclusives Suggetions-
Jump to:  
Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com